Hair Transplantation is a process leading to permanent hair growth that will stay with you throughout your life. So when you select a hair transplant surgeon, it is essential to make an informed decision. This includes complete information about qualification, experience and training of your surgeon. Let us now find out in details the criteria you should look for while selecting a hair transplant surgeon:
- Qualifications of The Hair Transplant Surgeon: Though hair transplantation is considered as a surgical procedure, this kind of surgery does not require any specific training. A general practitioner can also perform hair transplantation, so it is very essential to gain knowledge about the experience and credentials of the surgeon. The surgeon should be well informed about the procedure so that he/ she can give you a detailed idea about what you will be exactly going through.
- Look for Recommendations: The best way in which you can find a good hair transplant surgeon is through personal recommendations. You will get to know about their experience with the particular surgeon, how he/ she performed and the final result. Recommendations from patients will not only help you in finding a good doctor but also keep you informed about the cost required for this kind of surgical procedure.
- Gather detailed information about experience of the surgeon: Find out whether the surgeon is experienced or not. Gather information about the number of hair transplantation he has involved himself in and how long he has been in this profession.
- Pay attention to every detail: You will always want to get your transplantation done from a good doctor and a reputed clinic. In order to get the best things, you should have an eye to detail. Find out whether the clinic is clean and the surgeon is able to answer all your questions related to the hair transplant. Besides this, you can even ask patients about their experiences with the particular clinic.
- Invest a good amount of time before reaching the final decision: Taking the final decision of undergoing hair transplantation is an important one. So you should take enough time to decide and then make a decision finally. During this time, talk to various doctors, visit multiple clinics and also take recommendations from others who have undergone a hair transplant.
- Find out if there are any complaints against the surgeon: Contact the state medical board and check if there are any complaints filed against your surgeon.
- Be clear about hair transplantation cost: Have a clear- cut conversation with your surgeon regarding the cost of hair transplantation. Know from him what you will exactly be getting after a hair transplant and fix the rates accordingly. Also keep in mind that it should not exceed your budget.
It is not difficult to find a good hair transplant surgeon once you are sure of the criteria you are looking for in your doctor. Keep in mind the points mentioned above and then you will be able to come across some of the best surgeons in the country.
Keira Rose finds keen interest in learning about hair transplantation in India. She is often found researching about hair transplantation procedures on the internet.
Latest posts by Keira Rose (see all)
- How Holistic Dentistry Differs from Traditional Dentistry - August 8, 2013
- 5 Mascara Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them - August 6, 2013
- What to Look For In Your Hair Transplant Surgeon? - June 19, 2013